Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Love your body enough

Dear Sisters,
Sometimes we remain earth bound by our own self loathing....

So I propose:

Love your body enough. If you have not today, take in a good look at your body and say, "I love you!" From the deepest sincerity of your developing crown integration offer this love, and then do it again and say thank you. You have this magnificent vehicle that has housed you, that has taken care of you. And if it is resisting you right now, then it is you who are resisting it. It has offered you a powerful gift. Every day, every day begin your energy exercises by hugging your body and laughing joyously and saying, "I love you, thank you!"

You will be amazed at how it will respond. You will be amazed!Remember dearest ones that this body has housed you because it knows the truth of you and yet it is afraid of you leaving. You must know this too. This is why you must trust the body. If you trust the body, you can truly integrate the heart. And as you truly integrate the heart, and as the heart integrates into the developing crown,then the body knows there is no fear because it sees you in harmony with yourself. It is only when you are in disharmony with yourself that the body responds with discomfort.

Aim High,
Cookie

Wisdom from Dr Wayne Dyer

TEN STEPS TO POSITIVE BODY IMAGE

One list cannot automatically tell you how to turn negative body thoughts into positive body image, but it can help you think about new ways of looking more healthfully and happily at yourself and your body.

1. Appreciate all your body can do. Every day your body carries you closer to your dreams. Celebrate all the amazing things your body does for you — running, dancing, breathing, laughing, dreaming, etc.

2. Keep a top-10 list of things you like about yourself. Things that aren't related to how much you weigh or look like. Read your list often. Add to it as you become aware of more things to like about you.

3. Remind yourself that "true beauty" is not simply skin-deep. When you feel good about yourself and who you are, you carry yourself with a sense of confidence, self-acceptance, and openness that makes you beautiful regardless of whether you physically look like a supermodel.Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of your body.

4. Look at yourself as a whole person. When you see yourself in a mirror or in your mind, choose not to focus on specific body parts.See yourself as you want others to see you — as a whole person.

5. Surround yourself with positive people. It is easier to feel good about yourself and your body when you are around others who are supportive and who recognize the importance of liking yourself just as you naturally are.

6. Shut down those voices in your head that tell you your body is not"right" or you are a "bad" person. You can overpower those negative thoughts with positive ones. The next time you start to tear yourself down, build yourself back up with a few quick affirmations that work for you.

7. Wear clothes that are comfortable and make you feel good about your body. Work with your body, not against it.

8. Become a critical viewer of social and media messages. Pay attention to images, slogans, or attitudes that make you feel bad about yourself or your body. Protest these messages write a letter to the advertiser or talk back to the image or message.

9. Do something nice for yourself — something that lets your body know you appreciate it. Take a bubble bath, make time for a nap, find a peaceful place outside to relax.

10. Use the time and energy that you might have spent worrying about food, calories, and your weight to do some-thing to help others.Sometimes reaching out to other people can help you feel better about yourself and can make a positive change in our world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lately, I have been struggling with my body image. I just finished my second marathon, but I have put on weight. I keep saying taht if this is what I look like after serious training, this is what my body is supposed to look like.

Yeah, that sounds good on paper. It sort of came to a head when I tried on a dress and the saleswoman said, "All you need is some Spanx and you will good great." I have never, ever, ever, in my life had to wear Spanx, control top pantyhose or any think else like that. But before that people I either did not know or bearly knew were coming up to me and say things like "You have put on weight" or "What have they been feeding you?"

So, I have taken a good look at myself and decided that I am at the end of all I know. I honestly do not know how to tackle this issue. I have no desires to be a size zero. I just want to be toned and to fit into the clothes I already own.

I was feeling so overwhelmed when a sister girlfriend mentioned that she was joining Weight Watchers on Monday. I had thought about that, but had not taken that first step. That was a God wink (read When God Winks by Squire Rushnell).

So now I have an accomplice in my latest journey. It will be nice to have someone along for the ride. The key is that we are doing this for ourselves, not for the 'weight police'.