Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

from Megra: I know this applies to you

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Meg. I decided to submit these few words of wisdom because through this and my many friends, I discovered that I was not alone. I was not wrong for feeling the way I do many days now. The last year has
been a blur to me.

I have joined the ranks of "caregiver." The adage of "once an adult twice a child is so true." My mother had to be moved from one assisted living to another then finally a nursing home. All in
less than a year. The decline was so rapid, I am still reeling!! My father is still with us. I call him my "problem child" and the earlier referenced adage applies to him. I have never felt so alone, so tired, so worn, cried so many tears.

But you know what ladies? I am not alone.

God puts me to bed and gets me up every morning. When I drive my 69 miles one way to work every morning, he is with me and when I am stuck in traffic coming back in the afternoon, he is with me....my co-pilot.

I have learned ladies that I am not weak as I feel mentally and physically some time but rather I am strong. I am a woman.....a good woman. Enjoy the read and celebrate yourself as you are worthy to be praised!!!

I Know This Applies To You

A good woman is proud of herself. She respects herself and others. She is aware of who she is. She neither seeks definition from the person she is with, nor does she expect them to read her mind. She is quite capable of articulating her needs.

A good woman is hopeful. She is strong enough to make all her dreams come true. She knows love, therefore she gives love. She recognizes that her love has great value and must be reciprocated. If her love is taken for granted, it soon disappears.

A good woman has a dash of inspiration, a dabble of endurance. She knows that she will, at times, have to inspire others to reach the potential God gave them.

A good woman knows her past, understands her present and moves toward the future.

A good woman knows God. She knows that with God the world is her playground, but without God she will just be played.

A good woman does not live in fear of the future because of her past. Instead, she understands that her life experiences are merely lessons, meant to bring her closer to self-knowledge and unconditional self-love.

Girl Smile...YOU KNOW YOU GOT IT GOING ON!

No comments: