Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2008

Flying in submission

I will admit that I do not like the word submission. It brings to mind negative things. I already know that I have issues with people telling me what to do. Those issues escalate when the person telling me what do to does not know what he is talking about. However, one day I grew weary of banging my head against a brick wall (I do get that confused with falling off the horse and getting back on). Anyway, I just got tired of getting in my own way. I was tired of trying and miserably failing to make everything, including people the way I wanted them to be or do what I wanted them to do. So after years and years of frustration I decided to submit to God’s Will and to follow His plan (even when I am not sure what that plan is). I have been faithfully praying and reading this verse: 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-12

What is getting in the way of your flights? Is it your pride? Is it your desire to have everything done your way? Is it someone else’s fault? Whatever it is, today, recite the prayer of submission. Recite it over and over until you can do without reading it. (I also have this prayer taped to my bathroom mirror.)


Prayer of Submission

Lord, in this situation in which I find myself, if there is anything You want me to do, show it to me and help me do it. I am waiting on You, leaning on You. I will pray & praise, but I will not get into works of the flesh, trying to make something happen. If there is nothing I can do to solve this situation, give me the grace to leave it alone for You to work out in accordance with Your divine will and in Your perfect timing.

I have major problems with not getting into works of the flesh, but I am trying to do better. My wish for you is that whenever you find yourself in danger of crash landing that this prayer brings you comfort. Also know that God is listening. He has a plan for you. You just have to be willing to submit.

No comments: