Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2014

Flying seeking help

Jacob Walti

Do you find it difficult to ask for help? What is it that holds you back? And when you, w
hat do you do when you ask someone for help and that person does not respond? Do you think up one million and one excuses (some plausible some not so much)? Do you pretend that what you needed was not really a big deal and start to doubt that you needed help anyway?

I have done that. I was mad at myself for a while and then I realized that asking for help makes me stronger. The fact that the person who was supposed to help me didn't is not a reflection of me. It just means that I reached out to someone who for whatever reason was not available. Not available even after the promises. The promises that may not ever happen. I should probably stop believing.

So I have learned that the help I need may not come from the people I think it should. But it always comes. Not always when I ask for it, sometimes before and most of the time after yet always on time. And I am eternally grateful.

None of us got to where we are alone. Whether the assistance we received was obvious or subtle, acknowledging someone's help is a big part of understanding the importance of saying thank you. 

Harvey Mackay



No comments: