Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Flying with self love #10 on Valentine's Day

Today is probably the most intense day of love. That is why it is crucial that you show yourself some extra love today. It does not matter if someone else is showing you love. It does not matter if no one else is showing you love. It does matter that you show yourself love. So today, do something good for yourself. It does not matter how much you spend or if you spend anything. One of my favorite treats for myself is to walk on the beach. The important thing is that you do something FOR YOU.

This is a practice I truly believe in and let me tell you why. A million years ago I made a fantastic dinner for my date on Valentine's Day. I had salmon and scallops with a ginger lime glaze, green beans with almonds and oranges, salad with homemade dressing, and my very own handmade truffles. The champagne was chilled and guess what? HE NEVER SHOWED UP. HE NEVER CALLED AND TO THIS DAY I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM. I do know for a fact that he is not dead.

I was crushed. So, I went out and did something nice for myself. I bought an ice cream cone. Yes, I thought that everyone in the ice cream shop knew exactly what had happened and that they were feeling sorry for me. They weren't. I know that now. I am proud of myself for actually going out of my house on the fateful day and celebrating, even just a tiny bit.

So now, every Valentine's Day I do something to celebrate the fact that someone loves me even if it is me. I challenge you to do the same. We are all worthy of love, good love, the kind that we can depend on.

Happy Valentine's Day Sistergirlfriend, love yourself today of all days!

No comments: