Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Flying before the Reindeer Run

Tomorrow is the first official Black Girls Run Charleston race. We are running the Reindeer Run. Most of us will be dressed up. Yes, I agreed to wear the lighted Santa hat, sparkly t-shirt, and tutu. I drew the line at getting my face painted, but who knows what will happen when I get there. I am excited that many members of Black Girls Run Charleston will be joining me. It will be the first race for many and a time for collective encouragement and accomplishment for us all.

So, I applaud each woman in advance because it has been a journey. For some the journey was more difficult, but for all of us it is one step closer to a goal.

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham

No comments: