Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Flying with a new THING

Last week I got a surprising email. I was offered a chance to go Hawaii for school. It is six credit hours and completes my last residency requirement. Believe it or not, I almost said no. I almost said no because it wasn't in my plans. It wasn't on my list of places to see before I die. It meant re-evaluating some things and not doing others. A dear sistergirlfriend pointed out that I had to do my final residency somewhere sometime and wasn't Hawaii in October a great place and time. I had to agree.

The point is, do not miss out on an opportunity simply because it does not fit into your previous plans. We must learn to embrace things as they occur. That does not mean to jump on everything that is thrown your way. Use discretion, pray on it, tap into your inner being. Just make sure you do not walk away with regrets.

No comments: