Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2015

Flying outside the comfort zone, a re-post

Christopher Campbell

Time and time again I hear that pushing outside our comfort zone creates growth. Well, this past year and a half I have been camped outside of mine. I will not deny that there has been growth there, but there has been enormous uncomfortability. 

I guess that is the point. When we are uncomfortable we find ways to adapt and through that we develop a new sense of being. We become stronger and more knowledgeable. We are growing. And yes, there are times when I wish I could stop growing. But stifling my growth will not serve me well. I will miss the lessons that God has in mind for me to learn. 

I just wish I knew the lessons that I need to learn so I can focus on them and speed up the process. I know, I know, I know it does not work that way. But I can hope.  

I'm continually trying to make choices that put me against my own comfort zone. As long as you're uncomfortable, it means you're growing.


Ashton Kutcher