Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Flying a bit late

I have not blogged much this week. It has been difficult to focus when so much else has been going on here. To say we had rain is a gross understatement. The weekend brought the heaviest rain in over 1,000 years. I was glued to the television watching the endless news reports showing the water in the streets. At one point the peninsula of Charleston was closed. Yes, that is right-closed. No one could get there. And people were having difficulty getting out.

On Sunday I went for a walk (the sun had peeked out and things appeared normal). But there was very little normal beyond my neighborhood.

I just looked in amazement, because there really isn't anything else I could have done. Fortunately there were no people struggling to be freed from their houses. Those who were out just looked horrified at the end result yet thankful that no lives were taken and that our roads were passable.

Many were not that lucky. Many lost their cars, homes, and a few lives in the churning water. It just kept coming. and just when we thought it was over, it wasn't. I had never seen so much rain. Many joked, but many of us secretly thought it was time to build an ark.

So this is my reason/excuse for not blogging much this week. I will try to do better next week, but I heard we are due for some more rain on Saturday.


 
 

No comments: