Search This Blog

Monday, December 8, 2014

Flying dangerously close to the faux thing, a re-post

Jake Givens

There are times when we want our THING so much that the mere appearance of something similar gives way to chase. That happened to me the other day. I was so convinced that my THING was within reach that I charged full speed ahead. Only after I was closer enough to smell it, did I realize that this was not my THING, but a faux thing. And for some reason I thought I could make it work until my THING came along.

Well, fortunately I was not given the opportunity to have the faux thing and when that call came I felt a huge sense of relief. There were no tears, no regrets, and I almost danced. So deep inside I knew it was a faux thing. 

It is good that I did not get the faux thing because I would have given my all to the faux thing and would have been still yearning for my real THING. It would have been a waste of time and my talent. 

Yes, I am thanking God for this unanswered prayer. And yes, I am still waiting for my THING while maintaining the status quo, but there at least I avoided potential disaster. And maybe I have a few more lessons to learn before I can get my THING.


You always get what you need, which, in the end is better than what you think you want
Mastin Kipp

No comments: