Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Flying with inspirational women

I thought it was time that I planned another lunch with some incredible women. Right now I need to draw strength from them so that I may be able to sustain myself. This time I only chose six women. It is an eclectic list. I just feel the need to be surrounded by wisdom, beauty, and grace today. Who are the people you want at your table today? Who are the women who inspire and uplift you during times of trouble? Of course none of the women on my list do that in person, but their words are gifts that I cherish.

Peace Pilgrim, spiritual leader: When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.

Janis Joplin, American singer: Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got.

Dolly Parton, singer: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain.

Nancy Willard, American poet: Sometimes questions are more important than answers.

Jennifer Aniston, American actor: The greater your capacity to love, the greater is your capacity to feel the pain.

Rosa Luxemburg, revolutionary: Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for the one who thinks differently.

No comments: