Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Flying with oxygenated water

Yes, I fell for it. I bought water infused with oxygen. I work for a company that makes the plastic that goes into carbonated soda and water bottles. I brought my new bottle of water to the daily meeting. Big mistake. First of all, we did not make the plastic for this particular brand of water. Second, the bottle was too thick for water and had a crappy design. Third, I was told by the chemical engineers that is absolutely no benefit to drinking oxygen. They said that even if there was a benefit, when I opened the bottle all of my extra oxygen had dissipated into the air!

Not to be outsmarted, I did a little research and most experts agree that there is no evidence supporting the benefits of water with extra oxygen. They said I would get more oxygen from a deep breath than from the water. I am not mad. I really did not buy the water for its supernatural qualities. I just wanted a bottle of flavored water. The one I chose was just as good as any other no calorie flavored water, I guess. Well, maybe not. It did not taste especially good. I bought cranberry flavored. I also bought one with a twist of lemon lime. Yes, I will try that one as well. But this time it will be in my office and not in a public forum.

Maybe tomorrow I will buy a brand that we actually make the plastic for and spark a different discussion. Or maybe I will just fill my Rubbermaid bottle from the water fountain.

No comments: