Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Flying with power

I love this quote by Margaret Thatcher: Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. How profound is that? How many people do you know who run around telling everyone how important they are or what great things they can do or what great things they will? I have met many such people in my life. I am more impressed by those who move with deliberate quietness accomplishing their tasks without fanfare and boasting. They are well aware of the power they possess. That is enough for them, it is not required that anyone else be aware of them. What matters most to them are the deeds.

Is the applause more important to you than the deeds? I hope not. I know that we all like to get a pat on the back, but sometimes, maybe most times, we should be doing the patting.

No comments: