Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Flying with a huge miracle


I love it when I witness miracles. the bigger the better, sometimes. And this one was big.
The other morning while running we saw 5 planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn) in a row. We did not need a telescope. It was breathtaking. I made we realize how insignificant I am in the big scheme of things. It made me better appreciate how magnificent the world is.

We had the solar system above us and the mighty Cooper River below and we could see the tip of the ocean. It was the perfect scenery to run 10 miles before dawn.

I almost always see the planet Venus during our pre-dawn runs. It is the second planet from the sun and is the very bright, but not quite as bright as the moon. Named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty, and is sometimes referred to as the Earth’s sister planet due the their similar size and mass. A day on Venus lasts longer than a year, it rotates in the opposite direction to most other planet, and is the hottest planet in our solar systems. Fascinating or at least it is to me.


Every moment of light and dark is a miracle.
Walt Whitman

No comments: