Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Flying while resting

The Anchor

I had a group of women who ran long miles with me during my marathon training. When I got back from my marathon I promised to do the same for them. So the Friday after my marathon I ran a trail 5K race with a short session of Zumba thrown in for spice. I am not sure why I thought Zumba as a good idea since I had NEVER done it before and it is a bit too high energy for me before a run. But oh well, I played along. I tripped one time and a deer ran across in front of me almost causing me to scream. 

Then Saturday I agreed to run 18 miles again in support of my sole sisters. I managed to 16.5 in. Yes, it probably was not the best decision I ever made. Yes, I was exhausted. Yes, I had to go to work at the retail place. And yes, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Well, it does not feel so good now. My legs hurt. The right one hurt so much that I took an unplanned rest day. So I am a bit behind on getting 100 miles this month. I know that should be the least of my worries, but I think about it. 

I am resting until my leg feels better and I will not do anymore long runs for awhile. The body knows what it needs. It is my job to interpret that message and adhere to it. If not, injury could ensue and that would make me angry. 


No comments: