Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2015

Flying with no

Gabriel Santiago

I am tired of hearing the word 'no" or 'thanks but no thanks'. I am so ready for a 'yes'. But a 'yes' to the right thing. And the waiting is hard. It is so easy to jump on a 'yes' to something you should not have, or a place you should not be just because you are ready to be somewhere else. Decisions like that make things worse. Maybe not right away, but in time the truth comes out. And it is rarely pretty. And undoing the 'yes' is not usually easy or pretty. 

Believe me, I know. I jumped so fast one time because I felt the need. I did not do my homework and I landed quite abruptly. It took me a good while to untangle myself and it was also quite painful. 

A well placed 'no' can be a blessing in disguise. It can stop you from going exactly where you do not need to be and with exactly who you should not be with. While I will admit that sometimes being in the wrong place with the wrong person can be fun, it usually doesn't end well in the long run. 

Anyway, I am ready for a honest-to-goodness 'yes'. One that will be in the right place with the right person. Will I be able to tell the difference? I hope so. But if not, it will make a great blog post. 

No comments: