Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Flying in a hurry

I should have waited. I am not really sure why I didn't. I did not have anywhere I had to be at that precise moment or even in the next hour. I could have parked my car outside of the garage. It would have been fine there. It wasn't raining. I did not have a bunch of stuff to take inside. I should have waited. But I didn't. I could have even moved the ladder over a bit. That would have worked as well. But I did not even do that.
David Mao

What I did was back my car right into the side of the garage wall. I broke the right tail light assembly. I broke it pretty good if I do say so myself. At since it was early Sunday afternoon there was no where to get it fixed. So I could not go to the place that I was not in a hurry to go. And I wanted to cry.

And of course no one in my town or even a few towns over had that part. Someone recommended that I got to a junk yard. I was too afraid to drive with a missing tail light, plus I did not know how to remove or replace one. So I called around until I found a very nice parts guy at the sister dealership from where I usually go. Okay, I have not been there in years, but I would have gone had that guy been nicer. Anyway after spending money that I really did not have to spend I have a brand new tail light. Being in a hurry is pretty expensive.

When you hurry you're more apt to make mistakes. But you have to be quick. If you're not quick you can't get things done.
 
John Wooden


No comments: