Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

Flying uncomfortably with HBO

I now have HBO. I have not had it in years and really did not want it. But it comes in my downsized Comcast package. I am reducing my expenses. So I contacted Comcast and asked for a reduced rate which entails reduced channels so I was not expecting HBO. Truth be told I would rather have Food Network, TNT, Bravo, TLC, or Oprah. 

Israel Sundseth

Honestly, I am not home much so I really did not 'need' a lot of channels. How much television can one watch the two and a half days a week? I will miss the aforementioned channels, and my mom will miss the Game Show channel, but I will embrace the additional money in my wallet. And who knows, maybe HBO will have something on that I actually want to see. If I ever get an updated television I will be able to ditch my cable altogether and stream shows from my computer or phone. Speaking of which, I am breaking up with AT&T this week. 

It is a bit uncomfortable changing things. But it is a necessity. I am sure I will be able to find new things to become attached to. Or maybe I will read more books instead. I have a ton of free ones on my Kindle and I can download them from the library. Or I can actually go to the library. 

I am feeling a bit empowered and a bit uncomfortable. Empowered because I am taking control of my  life and making conscious decisions instead of simply following the trend. Or listening to someone tell me what I should have on my television. Uncomfortable because I have been comfortable watching what I have been watching and now I will have to switch it up. Minor inconvenience I know. I am sure I will get over it. Welcome to being an adult. 

Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.

No comments: