Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Flying with exes

Lately several of my ex-boyfriends have been popping up out of nowhere. I am surprised and amazed that they even remember me. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we are all in our 50s and that seems to be a time of reflection. I did not have the same desire to reach back and connect. So I am trying to be nice.

I am not missing any of them. In fact, I hardly think about them if ever. So it is a bit weird to me that they think enough of me to reach out especially since we have not been in contact for over 20 years.

I am probably over-analyzing things as I generally do. I should just be thankful that they reached out and leave it at that. I do not have fond memories of all of them, but that should not matter. I am much wiser now. I can reconcile my past with what I think I remember with what I want to remember and what I want to do about it. I should just enjoy the memory as foggy as it may be and be thankful that I have been remembered while I am still alive. After all, they contributed to the person I am today and I am freaking awesome. So at the very least I should say thank you.


Time moves in one direction, memory in another. 

William Gibson




No comments: