Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Flying with expectations

The other day I had the privilege of hanging out with Yvonne. We were getting pedicures. We were at the salon she recommended. I was a bit concerned because we were going in at 1pm on a Saturday and really did not have time to wait. 

When I got to the salon I was one of two people there. Unfortunately, there were only two workers there. So when Yvonne got there she and her daughter had to wait quite a while. I was happy with my pedicure until the next day. The polish was lifting off of the toes on my right foot. 

So I went back to the nail place and they fixed my nails after disparaging comments about the woman who attended to me. Then they proceeded to tell me about all of the issues in the salon. I now know that the owner hasn't paid people, that checks have bounced, that equipment needs replacing, and the list goes on. 

I went to the salon Saturday with expectations that were met for a short period of time. I went back with different expectations. They were met and I got things that I was not expecting. Things that I should not have been given-the gossip whether it was true or not. 

I am on the fence about returning to that salon in the foreseeable future. I wonder if the salon will even be open much longer. 

 Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort. 
John Ruskin