Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Flying anyway

As the day of my first triathlon grows nearer, I am becoming more and more nervous. My anxiousness is around the swim.  I have spent many hours in the pool swimming laps, finding the rhythm of my breathing, perfecting my stroke, and basically have done all that I know how to do. On paper, I look ready, the lifeguard said that I looked good. That felt good, yet there are days when I feel ready and there are days like today when I am just not so sure.

Are you facing something like that in your life? What are you going to do? I am going to jump in the water and complete the swim portion of the triathlon to the best of my ability. You should do the same.

Confidence is being afraid and doing it anyway.
Carol Hannah Whitfield

No comments: