Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Flying away

I was in a situation where I had to flee the scene. Normally I would have just stayed and endured what I considered mistreatment. Apparently no one else viewed it that way, but I had to stand up for myself and take myself out of the situation. I was angry for a while. I wanted to scream at the injustice. Then I realized that my job was to protect me. I could just say "No, thank you" and leave which is what I did. It isn't a matter of being right, it is a matter of being true to myself. Lesson learned: I should not allow others to get under my skin. I am working on that. So this quote really hit home:

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys
Mike Henry, Sr.

Let's take back ALL of our keys today and not give them back. I don't know about you, but I can drive my own self crazy. I do not need help.

No comments: