Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

Flying with a bad case of the crazies

Someone once told me that the need for perfection was a procrastination technique...

This could be true, but what if
you just want to make the most perfect piece of art ever and
you are trying to get a book ready,
that the most perfect piece of art will be in,
write a speech that you will have to deliver to a room full of people way smarter than you,
you car is dead,
your hair is nappy,
you cannot find your Michael McDonald CD,
the voices in your head are louder than usual and they have nothing kind to say,
and you are out of bananas?!?

This makes for a very stress filled day..

and this day has been about 96 hours long already...

How do you still soar when you cannot breathe deeply enough to sit up straight?

I have no idea...
But, this blog is called "WE CAN FLY" so I will keep trying in my own special goofy way...

I have a beautiful picture of a USAF C-17 Globemaster III that a sweet pilot gave me...
Today while I am working on my art, I am going to put that picture on my sewing table and think about flying...
I think it might help...
Maybe I will steal a few minutes and watch clips of the USAF F-16 Flying Falcon on youtube... and even though it is about the USN I will watch the Top Gun clip I love so much...
What every gets you thru the day, ya know?
Thursday, a dream that I have had for a long time will begin coming true.... More about that later,
I have to go finish creating the most beautiful doll in the world, (I hope) eat breakfast with no bananas and watch Top Gun, while sewing on some sea shells.
I guess I am aiming high today anyway,
How do you deal with a bad case of the crazies?
Cookie

No comments: