Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Flying with my 1st New Year's miracle

On Friday I actually received a discernible miracle. One I could actually touch. I went to Walmart just because I was not ready to go home. I walked in and saw a woman. I kept trying not to stare at her, but I could not help myself. So after about five minutes or so I finally said, "I'm sorry for staring, but you look like my cousin" and the woman turned around and she was my cousin from Detroit! Even as the crow flies, Detroit is a LONG, LONG, LONG way from Mt. Pleasant, SC! She was a surprised as I was. She did not know that I lived there and I did not know that she was in town.

We hugged and interrogated her not knowing that her BEAU was standing right there and he was the reason she made the trek. He lives in Wilmington, NC and decided to visit Charleston, SC. They thought the trip was two hours and it is closer to four. So they were in Walmart buying necessities to spend the night.

This just goes to show that anything is possible even if we cannot imagine it. Seeing her was probably one of the thoughts furthest from my mind. But I was delighted when it happened. Be mindful to take pleasure in unexpected events. I know I will!

No comments: