Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Flying into the new year

Awhile ago I stopped making new year's resolutions. Instead I make a list of things I want to accomplish for the year. It usually isn't a long list. I just write down things that I want to do. One year I wrote take belly dancing lessons. Since I had it in writing, I felt compelled to really do it. I did it and I loved it. I try to write down things that are a bit outside of my usual activities. That is a bit difficult because I like to think that I am very well rounded and constantly challenge myself to move outside the boundaries of boring.

Anyway, this year I wrote down: join a Dragon boat racing team, take a trip to another country (at the moment Spain is calling), train for next year's Miami marathon (not so unusual, but Miami is on my list of places to to before I die), do something fun every month, laugh more, cry less , and plant a citrus tree.

For me making a list is much more appropriate than making resolutions. I think that in my quest to do something each year that I resolve things. I push to re-invent myself little by little and sometimes in big leaps. It works for me and that is the important thing.

This new year, I challenge you to do something that you have never done. You do not have to defend it. It does not have to have greater or deeper meaning other than it is your choice. Having the ability to choose is awesome in itself.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Jus De Lemon Bernutrisi said...

Very interesting article, thank you for sharing. I also want to share the following health articles, God willing, useful. Thank you :)

Cara Meningkatkan Trombosit Rendah
Penyebab Perut Buncit dan Cara Mengatasinya
Obat Kista bartholin