Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Aiming High in the New Year

Happy New Year.
Just wanting to share some thoughts that make me think...
May we all have many moments that take our breath away this year.
THRIVE!

"There are years that ask questions and years that answer." Zora Neale Hurston

"Sometimes I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any ONE deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." Zora Neale Hurston

Everywhere man blames nature and fate, yet his fate is mostly but the echo of his character and passions, his mistakes and weaknesses... Democritus

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix

Dreams and reality are opposites. Action synthesized them. -Assata Shakur

A true revolutionary is guided by love. -Che Guevara

Reality is always kinder than the story we tell about it. Byron Katie


If I had a prayer, it would be this:
“God spare me from the desire for love, approval, and appreciation. Amen.” Byron Katie


Aim High,
Cookie

No comments: