Search This Blog

Friday, December 19, 2008

Flying with the end of fantasy football

I came in 5th place in our fantasy football league. I am not upset. I promised to spend more time researching the presidential candidates than I did my football team. I did. Fifth place isn't so bad. It did not help that I had the talented and silly Plaxico Burress who shot himself in the leg at a club. When I heard that, I was speechless, but that is a conversation for another time. Actually, I have had that conversation too many times and it did not ever make sense to me. Anyway, his demise left a huge whole hole in my line-up.

There were other things as well. I got beat by over 100 points by the ATL Ballers twice. There was nothing I could do. He just had a better team. I did manage to hold 1st place for a week or two. The cool thing is that the only three women in the league (my sister, my neice, and I) were the first teams to make into the play-offs. The other two are still playing. I am cheering from the sidelines.

It was all good. No money was lost or won. I will play again next year. Then I will not be distracted by a presidential election!

No comments: