Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2008

Flying during an election

Dear Sister friends,
This election sean has been tough on me. I shoot off my mouth and I have annoyed some folks.
Some folks have annoyed me. Last Sunday I got and email from an older white friend...
I have to share this with ya'll.
I am sending you this, for two reasons.
The first is this is one of the best CALM responses I have ever written and second because it makes me aware that even when Obama is in the White House we will really need to work to bring about awareness, education and healing and a lot of prayer.
I am removing the original posters name as not to embarrass her.

Please watch the video.

Please tell me what you think?

This video, I was told yesterday has been sent out with the song but with a video of Hilter Youth goose stepping to it.
Anyway, please let me know what you think.
Love and light,
Cookie

"J's" Original post is first then my response.


Dear Friends,
This I have to share with you because it is truly chilling…. and reminiscent of propaganda in Hitler’s Germany and in North Korea. These children have no idea what they are singing about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrfrdptVJEg

Please remember to keep researching. Read widely. I know your hearts are open. Keep your minds open as well.
Jxxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear, Jxxx,
It has taken me over 48 hours to craft a reply to your email of Sunday.
And I have to say my heart is heavy.
I was shocked by your email.
Here's what's chilling about Hilter's Germany or Kim Jung El's (sp) Korea or Stalin's Russia or Edie Amin's Uganda.

If those children were in any of those places, they would be in a room being forced to sing songs.

And their parents would be sent to "re-education camps" or possibly KILLED if they chose not to have their children forced to learn whatever was the propaganda of the time.

That was a very strong and very unfair comparison.

The kids in that video look clean, happy, well fed and SAFE.

Did you notice that there were kids of all races in the room?
That would not have happened in Hilter's Germany.

And until recently, it has not happened a lot in the USA.

Do you protest when you see a group of 4 years olds in Christian Sunday School being "forced to learn the words to "Jesus Loved The Little Children?"

Those kids have no real concept of the Christ and His powerful message.

I bet you don't.

I am a little miffed by the implication that I am only supporting Obama on an emotional level.

Dear Jxxx, when I was 9, 10 and 11 I was smart enough that I was politically interested.... I did read the news papers and watch the television news and I cared about politics. Those kids may be that interested and inclined as well.
After shooting my mouth off at Kxxx's the other week, for which I am truly sorry if I offended you, my friendship with people has made me decide that unless I am 1000% sure of who you are voting for I am not willing to have any more political discussions.

Namaste,
Cookie

No comments: