Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2008

Flying with another's THING

The third of my sister girlfriends just found out that her THING has come to fruition. That is a very cool thing. I am so proud and happy for her. She has worked her butt off for years in other positions. Her THING is a wonderful culmination of everything she loves and everything she is good at. Her THING is not something she even thought about a couple of years ago. In fact, she was not even sure she wanted it a few months ago. It was literally dropped in her lap. I mean, she had to do a few things to be competitive, but it seems like it was tailor made for her. Her THING will certainly stretch her in ways that she cannot imagine right now, but she will rise to the challenge. I am convinced that she will rise above it. And yes, her success stung in light of my THING not manifesting, but I can separate my feelings of loss and honestly rejoice with her. I think that is a sign of my continued maturity and I should be very proud of that.

Are you able to be happy for someone else when things are not going so well for you? I hope so, because there will come a time when it will be your turn to celebrate when others are still waiting for their THINGs to happen. That is how the universe works, at least I hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so loved and appreciated!!

Please consider that you ARE flying in the midst of what you may feel is hovering.

God is listening and I have no doubt He will continue to bless you.