Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Flying with a vision



I finally did it. I created a vision board. I know that I am very late to this party. I have sort of always wanted to do one. I just did not know how to start and was not sure what to put on it. And I honestly have never sat still long enough to envision anything in my life. I just always went with the flow unless I saw something specific. I never charted my future or even had a plan. I just did not. I marveled at the people who carved paths and achieved the things they outlined. And I have heard stories from those who put things that they had no idea to achieve and those things happened. One person said that if you can envision it, it is already in motion. I need some things to be in motion.
 
The reason I decided to do one this year is because I needed to do something different to usher in the new year. The last time I decided to do something different that turned out to be running a last minute marathon in Ocala, Florida. I have not anything like that before or since.
 
I just felt stuck and needed to do something instead of just waiting. So when I saw the workshop for the New Moon New year Sacred Intentions workshop, I signed up. I needed to set some intentions. Not resolutions. I stopped setting those a while ago. I needed to be intentional about my life. I need some things to be in motion.
 
At first I just stared at the blank paper. Then I browsed through magazines and just tore out things that I liked. Most of them were words. None of the items seemed to make any sense so I did not glue anything. After the workshop I went to Target with Tammy and she bought a bigger board because she said she had a lot of visions. So I naturally followed suit and bought a big orange piece.
 
I glued my pictures on it. I added words. I dared to think about what I want my life to look like. And I even wrote down words. It is not done yet, but I am enjoying the exercise. I may go to jail for stealing magazines out of break rooms and waiting rooms. I do not have physical magazines. I get mine all electronic because I allowed them to pile up and ended up throwing too many of them away.
 
I need some things to be in motion. I know that now and now I know what those things should be-exactly what I want.


No comments: