Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Flying with the least resistance

There are times when the path of least resistance is the route to choose. I do not take it often especially when I know that with a little more effort I can have a healthier/better outcome. But some days that little extra effort just isn't there. I had that kind of a day yesterday. I was already dragging because it was Monday and I was meeting a friend at 5:30am to walk six miles. I half prayed for rain. Half prayed because rain would have sent us to the gym and the last time I was at the gym it took eight miles to bet 10,000 steps on the elliptical. So not fun. Anyway it did not rain. So around the lake we went. Of course I always feel great after the fact. It is just the waking up and getting out of bed that is difficult.

Then I realized that my car registration had expired. I will never understand that why since I bought my car in February my tag expires in June. Yes, I realize that in Georgia your tag expires on your birthday. Not your birth month, your actual birth day. So mine expired on June 25th which was a Sunday. So I had a tag that was good from March until June. Why not make it expire June 25th of next year? And the kicker was that the tag I paid for in March was the same price of the tag I bought yesterday for an entire year.

Yes, it is my fault that I waited until the very last minute to get my tag. In my defense I was waiting to get the renewal form in the mail. And then I promptly forgot about it. Then I tried to do it online and there were just too many questions to answer that in my opinion had nothing to do with renewing my tag. So I went to the Chatham County Citizens Service Center. Nice complex.

I did not mention that I had many other things to do yesterday so heading out of the office was not a luxury I could afford. But I guess it was a luxury since I did it and did not get penalized and did not have to drive far and the line was not out of the door and it only cost $20 which I had and there are probably many other things about this that I should be thankful for. But yesterday just a jam packed stressful day.

So after leaving the Chatham County Citizens Service Center at around 3pm. I went to McDonald's. Yes, I did and I am not ashamed of it. I had a gift card. I bought it when I was heading to Alabama. Road trips are generally the only time I eat fast food due to the convenience. I needed convenience yesterday and I also could not make up my mind what I wanted to eat. and it was raining. And I was dragging from being up at 4:30am to walk six miles at 5:30am. And I had tons of work on my desk.

So I took the path of least resistance. Isn't that what it is there for? To allow us to have a break every now and then? To allow us to appreciate the times when we push forward with full force? The answer really doesn't matter. Not in the scheme of things in my life. I ate at McDonald's and that does not make my world come to an end.

No comments: