Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Flying with the God box, a re-post

Drew Hays
I needed to 'hear' this again and decided to share.


I had a great conversation with a kindred spirit a few weeks ago. We were both commiserating (and I am not even sure that is the right word) about the personal trials we were going through. She said that someone told her to send her anxieties vertical not inward. Vertical? I do like that visual: sending my issues shooting out of the top of my head like rockets. I really like that. 

But that is not what she was talking about. She meant that we should send the things we cannot control to God. We should rapidly send them to the God box. That allows us to focus on what we can handle. Okay, so that really doesn't change my visual. I can send my issues out of the top of my head like rockets into a leather bound God box. Yes, leather bound because that is what my box looks like. Don't judge.

I have no problems getting my stuff into the box. My problem is leaving them in the box. I keep checking on them allowing them to come back out and then I am dealing with them just as horribly as I did before I put them in the box. I do not shut the lid and lock it up. It is almost as if I am not trusting God. 

I just have difficulties in the 'meantimes' of my life. Those times when it looks like absolutely positively nothing is happening. And yes I know that just because I can't see the progress doesn't mean that things are not working out for me. I know that and yet I still find myself opening the God box. 

So I am making a promise to myself. I am writing down my issues pray on them and send them out of the top of my head to the God box. And then I will not stress over them. I will not worry about how things are going to work out, when they are going to work out, and all of the other details. I will honestly do my best to be in the moment and not worry about next week. 

Tall task, but all I can do it my best. And my best is good enough, I am doing enough, and I am enough. 

7 comments:

dongdong said...

michael kors outlet clearance
sac longchamp
levis 511
ralph lauren outlet
fitflops clearance
michael kors handbags
coach outlet
burberry outlet
coach factory outlet
toms outlet
kate spade outlet
ralph lauren uk
coach outlet store online
nike huarache
coach outlet clearance
fitflops shoes
asics shoes
reebok shoes
oakley sunglasses wholesale
instyler max
kate spade outlet
levis jeans
michael kors purses
christian louboutin uk
ralph lauren
jimmy choo outlet
lululemon sale
adidas shoes uk
true religion jeans
coach factory outlet
jordans shoes
calvin klein outlet
prada handbags
supra for sale
cartier watches
toms outlet store
air force 1
jordan pas cher
pandora jewelry
20163.18wengdongdong

艾丰 said...

JIANBIN0324
michael kors outlet online
cheap jordans
cheap jordan shoes
camisetas futbol baratas
beats by dre
coach outlet online
ralph lauren shirts
kobe shoes
hermes outlet store
true religion jeans
lebron james shoes
michael kors outlet
nike air force 1
hermes outlet
longchamp handbags outlet
adidas outlet
nike huarache
swarovski crystal
michael kors outlet clearance
michael kors handbags wholesale
air max 90
pandora jewelry
michael kors outlet store
marc jacobs
mizuno running shoes
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors handbags
new balance shoes
longchamp handbags
nhl jerseys
air max 2015
longchamp handbags
soccer jerseys
true religion canada
rolex watches
louis vuitton handbags outlet
cheap mlb jerseys

dong dong23 said...

lebron james shoes
michael kors uk
tiffany jewelry
michael kors handbags
nike uk
mont blanc
oakley sunglasses
coach factorty outlet
air jordans
coach outlet
nike air jordan
jordan 4 toro
kate spade
ray ban sunglasses
polo ralph shirts
burberry outlet
celine
ugg boots
rolex watches
ray bans
nike free run
retro jordans
cheap oakleys
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
oakley sunglasses
nfl jerseys
christian louboutin shoes
kate spade handbags
louis vuitton outlet
adidas originals shoes
tods outlet
coach outlet
michael kors outlet online
hollister clothing
louis vuitton handbags
nfl jerseys wholesale
hollister uk
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton handbags
20164.9wengdongdong

xumeiqing said...

20160709meiqing
nike air max
ray ban sunglasses discount
polo ralph lauren
cheap mlb jerseys
louis vuitton factory outlet
yeezy boost 350 balck
prada outlet
chi flat iron
louis vuitton outlet
hugo boss outlet
polo outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
prada sunglasses
coach outlet store online
rolex watches
coach factory outlet
adidas nmd white
nike free flyknit
true religion jeans
coach outlet
north face jackets
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors handbags
coach outlet
nike air max uk
coach outlet
ralph lauren outlet
true religion outlet
adidas superstar
hermes uk
designer handbags
coach outlet online
toms shoes
ghd hair straighteners
michael kors outlet
cheap ferragamo shoes

dong dong23 said...

nike outlet store
michael kors handbags
jordan 8s
michael kors outlet
ray ban sunglasses
adidas outlet
ugg boots
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet
pandora jewelry
adidas outlet store
lebron james shoes 2015
rolex watches outlet
canada goose coats
ray ban sunglasses outlet
dallas mavericks jerseys
nike trainers
timberland boots
tommy hilfiger outlet
ralph lauren outlet
timberland outlet
nike air max
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
oakley vault
michael kors outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
cleveland cavaliers jerseys
golden state warriors jerseys
ghd hair straighteners
nike air max pas cher
ugg boots
michael kors handbags
adidas ultra boost
ghd flat iron
coach outlet
coach outlet
moncler pas cher
kate spade handbags
20169.1wengdongdong

dong dong23 said...

oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren polo
uggs for men
uggs canada
louis vuitton
louis vuitton handbags
celine handbags
coach outlet
polo ralph lauren
ugg boots
201610.6chenlixiang

chenmeinv0 said...

christian louboutin pas cher
cheap rolex watches
prada outlet
canada goose clothing
ugg slippers
ray ban glasses
cheap ugg boots
louis vuitton purses
gucci handbags
hollister outlet
2016.12.28xukaimin