Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Flying a safe place

We all need a safe place to be. It can be anywhere. It is anywhere you feel well, safe. Most people get that feeling at home. I do sometimes, but surprisingly I found a new place. I ventured into a different yoga studio. By different I mean a place I have not been to before even though I have driven by it for years. I had stopped practicing yoga regularly for a while. And I felt drawn back. So I looked at the schedules at my usual places. I just wasn't feeling any of them. 

So then I went to Google and typed in 'yoga in Mt. Pleasant, SC' and I went to the websites of each. One stood out. It had a class at exactly the time I needed it. It wasn't the most expensive class offered. And it said it welcomed diversity. Plus it was less than 10 minutes from my house and I did not need to pre-register, I could just walk in. 

As soon as I walked in the studio I felt the positive energy. I almost cried when I got on my mat. I have never felt that way in any studio and I have been in several. The class was fun and there was no pressure to conform to anything. In fact we were encouraged NOT to look at anyone else. We were to do whatever our bodies wanted to do. We would get benefits by just breathing. 

I went back a second day with a friend to a $5 community class. Alicia Keys, Al Green, and Michael Jackson were on the playlist. We danced in the poses. I allowed myself to do poses that I never imagined I could do. Poses that I never heard of before. Poses that made me feel strong and then stronger. So much stronger. I left there at least 5 inches taller if only in my imagination. 

That is my new safe place Gaea .The place that allows and encourages me to go beyond my self imposed limits. The place that welcomes my body without judgment. The place that allows and celebrates my falling because that means I found my edge and dared to go past it. 

Where do you feel safe?




5 comments:

ninest123 said...

ninest123 16.01
prada handbags, longchamp outlet, longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, louboutin outlet, burberry, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, nike air max, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, louboutin, replica watches, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, nike free, burberry outlet online, gucci outlet, nike outlet, chanel handbags, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louis vuitton, michael kors, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin shoes, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet

ninest123 said...

burberry, hollister pas cher, hollister, nike blazer, lacoste pas cher, air force, michael kors, nike free run uk, north face, true religion outlet, hermes, nike huarache, true religion jeans, new balance pas cher, north face, air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, longchamp, louboutin pas cher, vans pas cher, nike trainers, mulberry, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, replica handbags, michael kors, nike free, sac guess, michael kors, ray ban uk, vanessa bruno, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors, timberland, ralph lauren pas cher, sac longchamp, lululemon, nike roshe, coach purses, nike roshe run, air jordan pas cher, converse pas cher, hogan, longchamp pas cher, coach outlet

ninest123 said...

iphone 5s cases, oakley, nike air max, p90x workout, mont blanc, iphone 6s cases, nfl jerseys, converse, giuseppe zanotti, mac cosmetics, jimmy choo shoes, herve leger, instyler, timberland boots, hollister, s5 cases, iphone 6s plus cases, insanity workout, north face outlet, babyliss, mcm handbags, chi flat iron, ralph lauren, vans shoes, reebok shoes, vans, celine handbags, iphone cases, ray ban, north face outlet, iphone 6 plus cases, birkin bag, nike air max, soccer jerseys, asics running shoes, beats by dre, abercrombie and fitch, iphone 6 cases, ghd, new balance, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, soccer shoes, wedding dresses, lululemon, baseball bats, louboutin, ipad cases, ferragamo shoes, gucci, nike roshe

ninest123 said...

juicy couture outlet, canada goose, hollister, moncler, ugg boots uk, lancel, marc jacobs, moncler, juicy couture outlet, links of london, swarovski, pandora jewelry, barbour, moncler, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, swarovski crystal, coach outlet, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, ugg pas cher, replica watches, louis vuitton, toms shoes, louis vuitton, pandora charms, converse outlet, karen millen, moncler, supra shoes, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, barbour jackets, moncler, thomas sabo, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose outlet, bottes ugg, canada goose, moncler
ninest123 16.01

chenlina said...

chenlina20160414
hollister kids
adidas originals
louboutin
gucci outlet
michael kors outlet
longchamp handbags
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags
lebron 11
louis vuitton
coach outlet
timberland boots
louis vuitton bags
ray ban sunglasses
gucci handbags
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet clearance
jordans for sale
michael kors
jordan 6
adidas uk
coach outlet
hollister clothing
cheap ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton
coach outlet online
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
canada goose
louis vuitton
jordan retro
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin shoes
air jordan 8
coach factorty outlet
michael kors handbags
kobe 10
coach factorty outlet
air huarache
christian louboutin outlet
as