Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Flying through the fire

Lauren Coleman
The other day I had an amazing conversation with a high school classmate. She said that there are many of us going through fire right now. That one word 'fire' resonated with me on so many levels. Fire can destroy things and it can also create beauty in its wake or simply by its appearance. That is exactly what I am feeling right. I feel like I am walking on hot coals that are beautiful to look at, but hurt like hell on my feet.

Fire can purify things as heat often does. Maybe that is what is happening to me. It can also make things easier to mold. Maybe I need that as well.

My friend said that she decided to just do the best she can day to day and to let God handle the logistics. I really needed to hear that. I have been spending much too much time trying to figure out how things are going to work out.

Another friend told me the other day that the best we can do is the best we can do. EXACTLY! I need to stop thinking that I am not doing enough or that I am not enough. I am doing the best I can. And I realize that it appears to be so much better than others. But I am not in competition with others. I am not comparing myself to others because no matter what others have or don't have, I still have my stuff. And so do you so do not allow others to use that guilt trip on you. There will always be those who have and those who don't.

Anyway, on January 1st we are all supposed to get together and give our testimony about being on the other side of the fire. We will talk about how we walked THROUGH it. I am so
looking forward to that.


No comments: