Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Flying with blurred vision

Israel Sundseth


This day did not go as planned. I had a difficult time getting up and getting out of the door. Then on the way to Savannah, my right eye hurt and my contact moved off the center of my eye. That makes it hard to concentrate on driving. I had severely blurred vision in one eye and lack of depth perception in the other.

Fortunately my friend Shari lives close to where I was and I made a quick detour to pop my contact out. I am so thankful that I did not lose it. (Actually the contact never gets lost. It cannot fall behind the eye. It just often hard to see especially if it somehow folds up and moves under the eye lid). Anyway, that did not happen today.

Once I removed it immediately my eye felt better and I got back on the road. I made it to the office an hour before my first class started. Since my eye felt great, I put the contact back in.

Bad move because within seconds my eye was inflamed but it was too late. I was in class listening to final group presentations. One was really bad but I am giving them somewhat the benefit of the doubt since my eye was on fire. Between classes I rushed back to my office and removed my contact. This time I looked at it, really looked at it. It was torn. Not completely in half but enough to set my eye ablaze.

Something so small and almost not noticeable caused me so much pain. It's the little things. The little things that trip me up every single time. The things that are sometimes so easy to fix. There is a lesson to be learned here. I know there is and perhaps one day I will learn it.


No comments: