Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Flying while faking it, a re-post

Noe Araujo

When people tell me that they want to be like me because I have it all pulled together, I want to laugh out loud. They have no idea. Trust me when I say that my life is far from perfect. The way I look comes with the price of hard work. I run miles and do many downward facing dogs so I can eat that sporadic cupcake, maintain a healthy weight, and keep my other vital statistics in check. 

No one sees me when I open a carbonated bottle that has been on its side and the liquid sprays all over me. Or when I try to carry all of he grocery bags at one time and I drop the one with the glass jars in it. And believe me, the list goes on. 

I don't always handle my issues with dignity and grace. Sometimes I do not handle them at all. I just leave them there anywhere and pretend they do not exist until I am forced to make a decision. I pray a lot. Not just on my knees at bedtime but all during the day and all over the place. I need the reinforcement and I need God to know that I am not ashamed. 

The reason I speak up is because I have no choice. I never learned to bite my tongue or to be seen and not heard. Blame it on my parents. 

Anyway, I want to thank all of those people who think I am a role model. I promise to keep my dirty laundry in my clothes hamper at least when company comes. 

Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but the mark of a fake messiah. 
Richard Bach