Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Flying in need of help

What happens when you need help? Do you whisper it in the ear of a friend? Is it easier to ask a complete stranger? Do you feel ashamed, embarrassed, or another crippling emotion? Do the should haves, could haves, would haves, creep into your mind rendering you petrified?
Billy Lam



Asking you for help is not something we should be afraid to do. Yes, I said it. Yes, I fall victim to it and yes I am still very much a work in progress. People like helping. Don't you feel honored when someone asks you for help and you actually can? Doesn't that put a smile on your face? 
We cannot do everything alone. We should not want to do everything alone. Open your mouth and ask. What is the worst thing that can happen? You hear a no. But haven't you told yourself not already? Expect the miracle. 

Pride is a terrible thing. It can cause us to lose out on so much. What is pride causing you to miss out on today?

I will make you a deal, I will do much better at asking for help if you will, too. Don't be the lonely tower in the middle of the water because I do not swim that well.



No comments: