Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Flying after a fall

I was out for my usual Monday afternoon run with my running partner. Things were going well and then I fell. I wasn't pushed. I just tripped and fell banging one knee on the pavement. I know others have fallen there. The pavement is uneven along the battery and the view is breathtaking which is probably why most of us fall. I wasn't embarrassed. There was no reason. I jumped up and kept running out of fear that my leg would get stiff and not allow me to get back to my car. 

Fortunately I did not break the skin on my fall. There was no blood to clean up. It is just a bit swollen and a bit sore. I will rest today and do it all over again tomorrow, hopefully without falling.


Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward. 
Victor Kiam

The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.
Vince Lombardi




No comments: