Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013

Flying on the Copper River Bridge

I ate the Cooper River Bridge for a late breakfast of 6 miles yesterday. Yes, you read that right. Instead of saying that I ran 6 miles, I always say that I ate the miles. It creates a nice visual and it makes me feel like I have accomplished something. 

What makes this time over the bridge special is that I had not run the entire bridge over and back in a good while. I have run up to it tackled the incline and then come back down or I have started at the bottom gone over the incline and back down. Today I did much more with my dear friend Helen. 

Yes, I had butterflies in my stomach. I was a bit worried that I would not be able to get up the incline without crawling. I did not crawl. It was a bit tough, but it was certainly doable and pleasurable. The only drawback was that we did not see any dolphins. Maybe next time.
 
Running is real and relatively simple…but it ain't easy.
--Mark Will-Weber

No comments: