Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Flying with words from my brother, might make my mom and dad mad

Yes, mom and dad I know I was taught not to burn bridges, always give people a second chance, forgive and forget...blah, blah, blah. (No disrespect intended).

It's just that I think there are some bridges should be burned. Those are the ones that we should have never crossed in the first place or for whatever reason we should not cross over again. Burning them ensures that we do not make that same mistake repeatedly (I think most of us have made that mistake at least twice).

And I do believe people deserve second chances, but some of them should get those chances in someone else's life, not ours.

Forgiving and forgetting is cool, but that does not give one permission to repeat the offense.

I had no idea that I felt so strongly about it until I read this quote that my brother posted on Twitter the other day.

"The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn."
David Russell

I don't know about you, but I have my lighter ready, there will be a bonfire tonight!

No comments: