Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Flying with a little less stuff

The other day I realized that there is only so much I can do. Yes, I claim multi-taking six different things at one time to be my superpower but even I have trouble with the seventh thing. Yet, I feel compelled to do more and I usually do. However, lately I have been having trouble focusing on one thing and the realization that I am a mere mortal slapped me in the face. Okay, not really, but it sounds more dramatic that way.

I am learning how to weed out the things as one of my dear sistergirlfriends said "...do not feed my soul, enhance my business, fortify my sex life, or make me happy." It is amazing how easy it was to cross things off my list. I have one more item to remove and I am hesitant because I gave my word that I would do it and I am trying. It just isn't fitting in so, I know what I need to do. It's just taking a bit longer to actually take that action.

The promise on the Dove wrapper said it best: It's OK to not do it all. And I say It's OK to not want to do it all.

No comments: