Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Flying somewhere off the radar

As I have mentioned many, many, many times before; I am waiting for my THING to happen. Fortunately in the meantime I have not closed my eyes to OTHER THINGS. A dear sistergirlfriend sent me a job lead to forward. I did, but when I read the lead, I thought to myself, I CAN DO THIS. It was not something that I had ever considered doing and had it not been for the lead, I probably would not have EVER thought about pursuing it. Long story short, I did not get the exact position of the lead, I got a different one, maybe a better one. I have been offered the position of Adjunct Professor at the Art Institute of Charleston teaching Public Relations! Who would have thought? Certainly not me.

I am keeping my day job, but this new position may lead to something beyond my expectations. Isn't that worth taking the risk and venturing out?

Are you limiting yourself to what you think you want? Are you qualified to do something that isn't listed on your resume? Are there different avenues you can walk down that will help you live your life more fully? Pay attention to the signs around you. That is exactly what I did!

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
Wilfred Peterson

No comments: