Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Flying on empty

There are times when I just don't have any more to give. Any more to say. Any more to do anything. I just want to stop doing everything and just sit for days. Maybe even months. At least that is what my mind is telling me these days. I know I won't stop. It's not in my nature. But the thought is never far from my mind. There are just some of us who have to as my dad says "keep on keeping on" in spite of the world around us. I am not sure if we are crazy or just tired of being tired. It doesn't matter because we achieve our goals. Of course the rewards do not always come as fast or as often as we would like, but they come.

I guess being empty is just another challenge to overcome and we do it sometimes without even thinking about until we crash in our beds. We do get back up, sometimes a little more bruised and a little less tolerant, but we strive ahead until the struggle is just a faint memory. There is always something that energizes us to forge ahead, if we allow ourselves to take a deep breath.


"Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second."
William James




No comments: