Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Flying after a fall

I am training for my first triathlon so I am concentrating more on biking and swimming rather than running. The other day I had the bright idea to put toe clips on my bike. Yes, they look cool. After getting them installed, I got on my bike and promptly fell. I fell again the next day. And I finally fell hard enough to scrape the skin off of my knee last Friday.

I learned a few things:
  • Solacaine spray, although bills itself as a pain-free spray is very painful.
  • Friends don't laugh at you until they know you are alright.
  • There are times when I need to sit down and be still to heal.
  • Healing can be painful.
All of these except the first one can be applied to every day life.; however, the most important lesson is:


“It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.”
Vince Lombardi


No comments: