Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flying when it hurts

It is very hard at times to keep a stiff upper lip, to hold your head high, to not take things personally, and to keep on keeping on. While it is important to try to maintain your composure, it is perfectly alright to take a time out and regroup. It is fine to lift your hands up or fall on your knees and ask your higher power for help. I pray continuously for strength. I am powerless on my own.

Open the Door
Refuse to fall down,
If you cannot refuse to fall down,
Refuse to stay down.
If you cannot refuse to stay down,
Lift you heart toward heaven,
and like a hungry beggar,
ask that if be filled.
Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes

1 comment:

Angie Mizzell said...

It's so important to remember to share the wheel with our maker. And let Him drive as often as we can. I often get frustrated with my own limitations, then I remember that we were created that way for a reason.