Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Flying just being

To me the hardest thing is to do nothing when there is nothing I can do. When the situation feels so overwhelming and complicated yet I cannot fix it. I cannot fix it, blow it up, remove it, or leave it alone. When I feel that I must do SOMETHING to get to the other side of it. When it becomes apparent that I am not in control (as if I ever was).

A dear sistergirlfriend of mine said to me (I'm not sure if this is her original quote or not) it is wise to do not when you can not, just be. Okay, I like that idea. I am just not always sure what 'just be' means.

Just be still? Just be faithful? Just be me? Just be diligent? I think the answer is to just be me. Just be me and do whatever I need to do realizing that there is a higher power (God) and that He does not need my help. He is the answer. He will provide me with the answer in His own time.

Remember Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God". I found an interesting website called Grainoffaith's weblog. Read more at http://grainoffaith.wordpress.com/. The author wrote that we cannot be still if we are angry, bitter or frustrated. We must allow God to take over the situation and that will remove the pressure from us.

So maybe the true answer is to just be still. One thing I know is that if I cannot do anything, should probably not do anything except pray.

No comments: