Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

Flying handling your overwhelming situation, part 1

A dear sistergirlfriend of mine wrote a wonderful article called 4 Steps to Handling Your Overwhelming Situation. I decided to put them in a 4 part series so that we will be well equipped EARLY in the new year to deal with upcoming challenges. I am not copying her entire message, so please read it at http://ezinearticles.com/?4-Steps-to-Handling-Your-Overwhelming-Situation&id+346955

Step #1 Pray for deliverance "O my Father, if it be possible, let his cup pass from me...

Jesus pleaded in prayer, completely overwhelmed by the weight of His crucifixion. It is normal to feel fear and anxiety in dire times. But when you do, go to the Lord in prayer, ask Him for help.

In James 4:2, it says "you want, and have not...because you ask not." And John 4:13 says, "...whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." In other words...ask!

This is my favorite part: Don't simply pray for help in your situation, pray for complete deliverance. For example, don't pray for emotional relief today, pray for your burden to be permanently lifted. Don't pray for the pain to lessen, pray for complete physical healing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.