Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Flying in the desert

The other night a dear sistergirlfriend and I were discussing how we felt like we in the desert. That we had very little desire for anything at the moment. That we were just existing until our THINGS appeared and that we had no idea what our THINGS would even look like.

"It's like a death" my dear sistergirlfriend said, and "everything as we know it has to die so we can welcome the new change with open arms. Without regret and hesitation".

I found this quote by Nelson Mandela which says exactly what she said to me that night.

There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.

I guess we are just not there yet. What we need to do is to pay attention and learn to appreciate the journey.

No comments: