Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Flying with nerve

I really love this quote.


"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions."
- Letter from Zora Neale Hurston to Countee Cullen
It makes me wonder if I always have the nerve. I usually have the idea and the thought. I do not always put it into action. It is often difficult to show the nerve. It is some times hard to dare to be different when different is not in style. When it is not the norm. But is it ever the norm? Isn't that the definition of different, not ordinary, not the same, not the status quo? Isn't being different what makes us remarkable? Makes us stand out in a crowd? Gives us our presence?
Today, find your nerve. And tomorrow do it again. Keep on doing it until it becomes second nature. Until it is no longer a choice. Until it is the way you live your life. Your life will be much greater because of it. And maybe, just maybe, someone will be inspired enough to find her own nerve.

No comments: