Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2009

Flying tooting my own horn!

A dear sistergirlfriend once told me that if you do not toot your own horn, someone will turn it into a drum! While I am not exactly sure what it means, I like the way it sounds and it makes me smile whenever I say it. So I say it a lot. Today I am tooting my own horn. I need to appreciate the fact that I am a very blessed woman in spite of myself. I was watching Joyce Meyer the other night and she said that we all have things wrong with us, but God knows it and loves us anyway. She said we should get up, look in the mirror and say "I am God's child and He is pleased with me". In other words, God does not make mistakes!

My 15 minutes of fame ran out Friday, but I am trying to stretch it a bit more! You can read about me at http://www.charleston.net/news/moxie/. Scroll down to the Q&A section.

2 comments:

Cookie said...

Doreatha, You should toot your own horn.
Make your own kind of music, sing your own special song...
Doreatha you are one thousand points of light all by yourself girlfriend...
Let your light so shine before
(wo)men...
keep on aiming high,
Cookie

Ruthy Watson, Ph.D. said...

Hi Doretha,
Girl you should absolutely toot your own horn. Congratulations.